Jacob’s Touch Foundation is a non-profit 501(c)(3), community based organization in the Tampa Bay area, dedicated to providing financial care and assistance to families with children on the Autistic Spectrum. Jacob’s Touch Foundation provides grants for therapy, medical services, and education. Jacob’s Touch Foundation is proud to offer a grant program for approved therapies that may not otherwise be covered privately or by other third-party funding sources, such as school districts, government programs, insurance or other grant making entities.
Applicants who meet the following grant program criteria and complete the grant application will be considered for Jacob’s Touch Foundation grants. Since in most cases, the applicant’s parent or guardian will be completing the application, it is understood that the applicant will be the individual receiving the benefits of the grants. Grant payments will be made directly to pre-approved treatment providers.
Parents and family members are central to helping children with autism achieve their full potential. Family and parental commitment and involvement in a child’s treatment is critical to the success of any treatment program. Therefore, Jacob’s Touch Foundation will consider the child’s family’s dedication and involvement in their child’s treatment as an important factor in awarding grants for treatment.
Grant Amounts and Selection of Recipients
Grants of up to $5,000.00 will be allocated based on annual fundraising activities. Recipients will be evaluated and ranked based on all information provided. The Board of Directors will make the final decision and determine the number and amounts of each grant. Grant recipients must reside in the Tampa Bay area (Hillsborough, Pinellas, and Pasco counties). Jacob’s Touch Foundation board members and their families are not eligible for treatment grants.
Applicants must demonstrate financial need by providing the following:
- Proof of household income
- Number of dependents and number of dependents with Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Information about access to third-party funding sources
- Grants to be paid periodically to approved providers.
- Jacob’s Touch Foundation reserves the right to require documentation from the child’s provider, including documentation of progress, continuing need for therapy and parental / familial involvement in the child’s prescribed treatment.
The following must be submitted in order to be eligible for grants:
- Completed, signed and dated grant application.
- Verification of diagnosis (please provide documentation as proof of diagnosis).
- Documentation from the provider of your requests, stating costs of the requested item.
- Brief description of current family situation. Copy of previous year’s tax return.
- We encourage families to share photos and stories.
Any applicant receiving a grant agrees to repay the grant if any services paid for with the grant are reimbursed by another funding source, such as a school district, state scholarship funding, Medicaid or private insurance company. The grant deadline is posted below. Incomplete grant applications will not be considered. Grants will be approved for only the following: Speech Therapy, Occupational Therapy and Applied Behavioral Analysis (ABA), alternative communication devices and alternative communication therapy, direct medical costs associated with the child’s ASD diagnosis and direct educational costs associated with the child's ASD diagnosis.
Grant cycle starts on October 15, 2022.
Applications must be completed and received by November 15, 2022.
Recipients will be announced by November 30, 2022.
Please direct any questions to: Kimmie@JacobsTouch.org.